New Puppy Equals New Family Member!

A friend of mine had to move and had no idea what she was going to do with the Border Collie puppy she had got a few months before. She told me if I would to take the puppy she would give me everything I would need for him. I talked to my husband Drew about bringing the puppy home to live with us. Drew said he didn’t care as long as the dog was house broken.

I told my friend Betty that we could take the puppy. I wanted to surprise the kids with the puppy. They were going to be so happy. I had Drew stay with the kids while I went to pick up the puppy. I left out all the stuff so that the kids could work on their Easter Bunny letters.

Betty told me she had named the puppy Comet because of how fast he could run. He was a beautiful puppy. His coat was shiny and soft. I knew that the kids were going to be so surprised when I brought the puppy in.

I called Drew and told him I was on my way back home. He told me things were fine at home. The kids were still writing their letters to The Easter Bunny. He told them that I had to go to the grocery store so they didn’t get curious about my where abouts.

I pulled up to the house and got Comet out of the car. He looked excited as if he had on a big smile and was wagging his tail like crazy. I led him into the house and called for the kids. They came running in and immediately went to the puppy. I told them that his name was Comet and that he was going to live with us.

The kids played with the puppy who I must say fit right in with our family. I think Comet was glad to have the kids playing with him after he had been living with Betty who is a single lady. After a while Comet laid down to take a nap. I think all of the excitement wore him out.

While Comet slept the kids went back to their Easter letters. My daughter Jackie started a new letter so she could tell The Easter Bunny about Comet. While they worked on the letters they talked about all the things they wanted to do with Comet. Comet was going to be a very busy little puppy.

The kids finished their Easter letters to The Easter Bunny. Right about that time Comet was awake from his nap. I let the kids take the puppy outside in the backyard to play. I think Comet is going to fit in our family perfectly because he loves running and playing with the kids as much as they like running and playing with him. And a big relief for me was that Comet was already housebroken and had all his puppy shots when I brought him home.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment