Easter Bunny Letters & Special Easter Treats

Bookmark and Share

If you are like me you have lots of things on your mind when planning a holiday. With Easter right around the corner I am thinking ahead about such things as Easter Bunny letters and what special dishes to have for that all important Easter dinner.

Because my grandkids are a big part of any holiday I always try to plan things they will enjoy. They are still young, ages 2, 4, 11 and 13. The 13 year old definitely does not believe in The Easter Bunny and the 11 year old stopped believing last year, but she is still happy to enjoy the ideal that Peter Cottontail ‘might’ exist. 

With this mix I have lots of fun. The oldest two kids like to help me with my decorating tasks. They do everything from stringing jelly beans to create garland to hanging plastic eggs on my outdoor shrubbery. They also enjoy helping me in the kitchen when I prepare special Easter treats.

The younger children like to get in on the fun too so as always; my craft box gets a good workout during the holiday planning phase. I try to have the box well supplied with items that will be fun to decorate with and also with things that are safe even for the little ones to use. This includes keeping a supply of the heavy duty crayons and large washable markers. 

When the time comes to write letters to The Easter Bunny I encourage all the kids and even the adults to join in. This usually turns into a fun event for everyone. After all, who doesn’t enjoy getting creative once in awhile?

The bonus for me is not only spending time with everyone, but the kids are always happy to create adorable Easter keepsakes for me. I keep the best to use from year to year. Eventually I will give the decorations to the kids – then they can do whatever they want with them.

One of the favorite things the kids and I do to celebrate Easter is baking cupcakes. Besides the usual baking we get into the decorating side of things. I have found that the tops of cupcakes can be a virtual canvas for any holiday theme. We use store bought sprinkles to add a special touch to the cakes but we also try to get creative and make our own touches. 

We have crumbled graham crackers to use as part of our décor and added gummy worms to simulate worms in dirt. Crumbled Oreo cookies can also be used.
I have found that I can warm store bought vanilla and sour cream frosting in the microwave and make it soft enough to mix in a few drops of food coloring. This allows me to create pastel colors of frosting that result in the perfect backdrop for Easter decorations. 

Shredded coconut makes a great look for Easter cupcakes. You can even color it to your liking. Just add the shredded coconut to a zip lock bag and add in a few drops of desired food coloring. Shake until well mixed. If you want to lighten the shade just add in more coconut and re-mix – and of course, if you want to darken the color just add more food coloring. Small Easter candies can be added to the tops of the cupcakes for a final touch of flair.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing wonderful information about Easter decorating ideas. Hope This post will help someone with finding the best Easter decorating ideas and gifts.

Post a Comment