Making Letters To The Easter Bunny Special


My oldest daughter Melanie has always loved to write letters to The Easter Bunny. She is very selective about the paper and other supplies she uses. So this year I decided to take her with me when I went shopping.

When I told her that she was going to go on a special shopping trip with me to buy all the things we would need for our Easter letters. She was so excited. I was glad that we were going to have a day out together with just me and her. She got a pen and paper, she sit down and made a list of all supplies we would need.

We started the day at the craft store. She took her time making her choices. When it came to stickers she chose flowers in soft spring pastels. Then she found a pack that had baby animals. To my surprise she even picked out a pack of stickers with pictures of bugs. She explained that those were for her brothers. I was glad to see she was thinking of them too.

She picked out envelopes that had little bunnies and chicks along the bottom. She found paper that matched. She couldn’t wait to get home and start writing a letter to the Easter Bunny.

Next she went to the glitter. She picked colors to match her stickers. She wanted to get brown for the boys because the always play in dirt and they had bug stickers.

We stopped and had a nice lunch at her favorite pizza restaurant. We ordered her favorite toppings. We spent a couple of hours talking as we ate our pizza. It was nice for her to have some time without any of her brothers and sisters. She talked the whole time about her friends and school. I was glad to hear that things in her world were happy and sunny.

Our last stop was the post office to buy stamps. Melanie told the woman behind the counter that she needed stamps so she could mail a letter to The Easter Bunny. The woman showed her the different stamps they had to offer. She picked a book of flower stamps.

When we got back home Melanie showed her brothers and sisters what we had bought. The boys were thrilled with their bug stickers. The girls all worked on making fancy letters. I found them little pieces of lace to glue in the corners of their letters. They sit down and got started right away on their letters. Even my husband Drew helped with the letters. In the end they all turned out adorable. Melanie told The Easter Bunny all about her special day out with mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment