Easter Letters & Easter Trees!

Decorating a tree for Easter is quick and easy. You can decorate any tree you have in yard or you can purchase one from a craft store if you want one for inside your home. This is a fun way for a family to spend a nice spring day.

I get my kids busy writing letters to the Easter Bunny while I get all my crafts supplies together. If you are going to put lights in your tree this is a good time to do it. As I gather the supplies the kids and I chat about what they hope to find in their Easter Baskets on Easter morning. Once I have everything we will need to do our crafts together I help the kids finish their Easter letters. They wait to seal their letters until after the crafts so we can send a picture of what they made.

The easiest ornaments to make are plastic eggs. All you need to do is tie a string around the egg. I used a small strip of tape on each side of the string to help secure it. If you live in an area that is windy you may want to put tape all along the string. Simply hang on the branches of your tree. My kids like to paint designs on the eggs before they attach the string, but you don’t have to.

A few bunches of artificial flowers can go a long way. Take the individual flowers off of the stems.  Use glitter glue around the edge of each petal. Now using a large needle thread either a ribbon or string through the flower. Use the ribbon to hang the flower from the tree. Pick flowers in bright vibrant spring colors.

Hang long pieces of ribbon from the tree so that they can sway in the breeze. They really catch the eye. Use several different colors and lengths of ribbon.

Glitter balls are simple and fun to make. Start with plain Styrofoam balls. Give your kids a variety of glitter glue sticks and let their imaginations go wild. Use string to hang them from the tree.

If you are doing an indoor tree you can have your kids cut out Easter shapes out of construction paper. Add a little bit of glitter to give your tree a bit of sparkle.

After your tree is finished be sure to snap a few pictures. My kids always send a picture with their Easter letters to The Easter Bunny. I love to have pictures to remember the fun we have each year decorating our trees. The pictures make a nice surprise for The Easter Bunny and grandparents.

No comments:

Post a Comment